What Information do we Gather?
We gather information that relates to, and can identify you (e.g. your name and address) and information that does not identify you (e.g. a visitor’s behaviour patterns when they visit our website). We collect information that does not identify you to evaluate our site, ensure that our site and services run properly.
How do we Gather Information?
Information we store is gathered in two ways:
- indirectly (e.g. using website technology or technology when you use any of our internet enabled applications for a mobile and personal computing devices); and
- directly (e.g. when you buy anything from us, download one of our applications or use an application you authenticate yourself to).
Use of your information
We might use your personal information to:
- remember you when you visit our website and track your browsing patterns by using cookies. You can prevent this; see later about the new EU Cookie Law for more detail.
- ensure any products or services you receive are correctly administered (including subscriptions).
- contact you by email, mail or telephone to let you know about any of our products, services or promotions (which, in some cases may be provided by third parties) if you give us permission.
- ensure materials on the website are presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer.
- collate and log numeric internet addresses to improve the website and to monitor website usage.
- remember you when you visit this website to keep track of your browsing patterns and to build up a profile of how you and other users use the website.
- make our website work as efficiently as possible.
Most browsers allow you to turn off cookies. To do this look at the “help” menu on your browser. Switching off cookies may restrict your use of the website and/or delay or affect the way in which it operates.
Third Party Advertising Cookies
We do not allow third party advertisements on our site. We do, however, make use of Google Analytics cookies that may be used in the targeting of advertisements on other websites, you can opt-out using our cookie law (The ePrivacy Directive) compliance technology.
Where we Store your Personal Information
The personal information that we collect from you may be sent and stored outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) in order to carry out the activities listed in “Use of Your Information”. Google Analytics data is stored on servers in the United States of America (“USA”). Although the USA, and so Google, is not in the EEA, the European Commission considers that personal data sent to Google in the USA under the “Safe Harbor” scheme is adequately protected. Please see our Communications Policy
The vast majority of your personal information is stored in the EEA and is appropriately encrypted to prevent easy extraction of sensitive information. We do not store passwords in plain text unless it is at your request.
Last revised: 10th May 2012